A TRUE RACE SAILING EXPERIENCE - 6 Passengers | $400 per hour (2-4 Hour charters)
The Ranger 37, also called the Ranger 1 Ton, is an American made sailboat, that was designed by Gary Mull as an International Offshore Rule (IOR) one-ton racer and first built in 1973. The design is now out of production.
The Ranger 37 is a medium sized recreational keelboat, built predominantly of fiberglass. It has a masthead sloop rig, an internally-mounted rudder mounted on a skeg and a fixed fin keel. It displaces 15,200 lb (6,895 kg) and carries 7,300 lb (3,311 kg) of ballast. The boat has a draft of 6.0 ft (1.8 m) with the standard keel.
The standard Ranger 37 has a PHRF racing average handicap of 126 with a high of 129 and low of 120. It has a hull speed of 7.13 kn (13.20 km/h). There was the option of a taller rig that results in a PHRF racing average handicap of 120 with a high of 120 and low of 116.
A RACE BOAT IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HER CAPTAIN
Meet Captain Mick Moore - One of San Diego's Best :: Captain Mick Moore is a 50 Ton Master Credentialed Sailing Professional. With years of not only sailing experience but racing experience, Captain Moore knows how to capture the wind with absolute control. Professional, experienced, friendly and full of knowledge, you and your crew are guaranteed to have an amazing sailing experience.
10 Reasons Why a Sailing Charter in San Diego is the Best Boat Charter Activity
1) A sailing charter has the Biggest (and most beautiful!) playing field in the world: the ocean!
2) Everyone from elementary schoolchildren to grandparents and even great-grandparents can learn to sail!
3) Sailing can be relaxing, adventurous, competitive, thrilling… No matter what you make it, it’s always fun.
4) With a vast array of boat charters and different kinds of sailing charters, you’ll never get bored!
5) A Sailing Charter is a great way to rediscover your hometown and adopt a new perspective
6) … And it’s hard to beat the opportunities for travel and exploration across the globe.
7) A Sailing Charter is the perfect activity to share with family and friends of all ages
8) The sailing community is fantastic, and you’re bound to meet wonderful sailors no matter where you go
9) You’ll get both a mental and physical workout on the water!
10) Finally, a sailing charter will without a doubt bring more happiness into your life.
The Ranger 37 Accommodations
Step below and find two very large quarter berths. The galley is to port with large seating area around functional center island which doubles as a dinette and wet bar. There is a head (toilet) which features fresh running water and an electric toilet.
For your convenience, we have a Sony stereo that connects to any iPod or smart phone.
We have a wide selection of music or your can bring your own.
Going forward, we have a large V-berth set up for racing and a large assortment of sails. A great boat, race or cruise. We also have a 32″ LED flatscreen wall mounted television and several movies onboard. Our galley features a new 3-burner propane stove and paper plates and cups are provided. No Children Under 10 Years of Age.